We are currently seeking to recruit a full-time Immigration Solicitor to join our existing immigration team.
We are currently looking for a passionate immigration paralegal/solicitor to join a fantastic legal firm based in Rochdale with a regional office in Blackburn. This friendly mid-size firm offers an excellent work life balance and the opportunity to progress your career in a positive, team-driven environment.
You will be handling your own caseload of legal aid and private clients. This will be an interesting and diverse workload and the immigration paralegal/solicitor should be self-motivated with good drafting skills to prepare representations.
Key attributes of the immigration solicitor include having strong work ethics, good immigration experience, good delivery of work, ability to work in a fast-paced environment and a personality to match.
The post-holder will need to have at least three years’ experience of providing advice, casework and representation in and immigration law.
Current Experience should include:
- Spouse/Fiancé/unmarried partner in country/out country applications
- Indefinite Leave applications - all categories
- EEA applications
- All points based applications
- Further Leave to Remain applications
- Visitor Visas
- Detention/Bail applications
- British Nationality applications
- Asylum Claims
- Further Submissions
Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide advice, casework, and representation to clients on all aspects of immigration and nationality law. This is largely individual casework based.
- Keep accurate and detailed case records and files for the continuity of casework, information retrieval, statistical monitoring, and report preparation.
- To ensure that all advice and casework comply with all regulatory requirements.
- Work flexibly with other staff to ensure effective work.
- Contribute to the administration of the office to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the company.
- To keep up to date with the changes in relevant legislation.
- To read the relevant asylum and immigration law reports and other relevant materials.
- Ability to supervise other caseworkers and provide them with legal assistance as and when necessary.
- The applicant will be expected to demonstrate advanced knowledge and experience of handling complicated non-asylum immigration cases in particular Points Based applications.
- The applicant must be willing to travel to the regional offices at as and when required, this could be at short notice in order to meet client expectations.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £22,000.00-£25,000.00 per year
£23,000 - £27,000