Criminal Duty Solicitor
Ashmans Solicitors is a specialist and thriving Legal 500 criminal defence firm with offices based in West Yorkshire, Sheffield and London. Staffed by a team of specialist lawyers and support staff, we are dedicated to providing the highest levels of client care and service, across the full remit of criminal matters. We have a reputation for going above and beyond to achieve the best possible outcomes for our clients and we have enjoyed continued success.
This is an excellent opportunity for dedicated and dynamic Crime Duty Solicitor’s to join our team in East London. Managing a busy and challenging caseload, the successful Crime Duty Solicitor will attend on clients at the Police Stations, Magistrates and Crown Courts throughout the locality and prepare cases for trial accordingly. Out of hours work will also be essential and a share of the on-call out of hours police station and court work for both duty and own client will also be required for which you will receive additional remuneration at a very competitive rate.
- must be a qualified Solicitor with Crime Duty accreditation;
- must have solid experience in criminal defence matters
- must have strong advocacy skills
- outstanding communication and client care skills;
- work well under pressure, meeting tight deadlines;
- be pro-active, professional and detail orientated;
- able to manage a demanding caseload, with minimal supervision
£35,000 - £50,000