We specialise in providing senior experienced personnel in the fields of engineering and finance to collate information and data to provide expert reports that will combine to generate high end qualification to HMRC for engineering related tax credits. The focus on experience within the business allows us to comfortably provide customers with superior knowledge that enables the business to analyse risk and make informed decisions. Our environment provides the customer with the enviable situation of engineers and accountants working in harmony to create meaningful business solutions.
We are looking to bring in a Financer Manager to join our already successful finance team that provides industry leading guidance and assistance to a broad and diverse client portfolio. Our team has more than doubled during the pandemic and we will soon reach the milestone of 150 staff both internal and external to support the business. We are looking for someone who is ready to take next step in their finance career and who has a passion for Tax Credits. While some knowledge of R&D Tax Relief is a bonus, it is by no means essential.
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions
- Oversee financial department employees, including financial assistants and accountants
- Contract outside services for tax preparation, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary
- Track the company’s financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
- Seek out methods for minimising financial risk to the company
- Research and analyse financial reports and market trends
- Provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
- Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports
- Present financial reports to board members, stakeholders, executives, and clients in formal meetings
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation
- At the end of extensive R&D training you will be required to use your knowledge and skills to help our clients in making claims for R&D Tax relief
- Work with the engagement team to develop claim methodologies and prepare R&D tax relief for submission to HMRC
- Manage overall client engagement, including liaison with consultants and client staff.
- Work with HMRC specialists to facilitate the agreement of R&D
- Advise client finance staff on the application of the R&D legislation and extract the costs to be claimed
- Build an internal network within the wider tax practice of the firm Help to establish and maintain strong client relationships with both existing and new clients
- Work with the technical specialists to ensure that eligible R&D Tax expenditure is correctly identified
- Lead in progressing business development opportunities and to pitch for work with both new and existing clients
- Support HMRC reviews and provide ad hoc tax advice internally and externally
- CTA /ACA / ACCA qualified (or equivalent)
- Prior corporate tax experience
- Possess working knowledge of R&D Tax legislation
- Have excellent written communication skills.
- Have good listener and verbal communicator skills.
- Be adaptive and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Be able to learn quickly and be willing to keep learning and developing.
- Be at ease interacting with clients in a professional and competent manner.
- Work well as part of a team but is also able to focus independently.
- Be educated to degree level, or similar.
- Excellent package + benefits
- No barriers to career progression
- An integral role in a dynamic team
- Opportunities to develop a vast range of skills through variety of work.
We are committed to ensuring that all applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £50,000.00-£60,000.00 per year
- Company car
- Company events
- Company pension
- Gym membership
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus scheme
- Quarterly bonus
£50,000 - £60,000